Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Test Blocks

Since I didn't know which blocks would be showcased on which days on the Quiltmaker blog I have waited until today to show you the blocks I tested. It was a lot of fun picking fabrics for the different blocks when they "spoke" different colors to me. I hope you will try your favorite blocks and let them speak to you.

Here they are in the order they are in the book:

#902 Hummingbird Haven, by designer Sandi Colwell
I had just enough of the woodgrain fabric left from another project to use as a frame for this block, and my daughter and I had fun looking for fabrics for the block at the AQS show in Charlotte. Fun times!



 #906 Ted Turtle, by designer Sue Marsh


#912 Tangled Hearts, by designer Teresa Rawson


#930 Wanderlust, by designer Cindy Wiens
This one made me think of a flower so I used pink for the "petals" and yellow for the "center"


 #931 Periwinkle, by designers Maaike Bakker and Francoise Maarse


#938 Rainbow Houndstooth, by designer Theresa Eisenger
I decided to go with the traditional black and white color scheme on this block.


#940 Diamonds in My Eyes, by designer Cynthia Foster
This block made me think of circus tents, so I use lots of color for this block


#946 Pines and Spools, by designer Heather Kojan


 #957 Bunny-Go-Round, by designer Deborah Bahr-Johnson
As you can see I haven't added the embroidery for the whiskers and I would add buttons for the eyes.


#962 Forever, by designer Sandi Blackwell


#974 Winter Red, by designer Sara Hardwig
For speed in getting the block finished in time, I used "Printed Treasures" fabric sheets to print the center section instead of taking the time to embroider it. I can still embroider over it if I choose. This is a quick way to get the embroidered look without taking the time to actually do it.


#975 Puddle Jumper, by designer Beth Helfter


#997 Firelight, by designer Martha Walker
Instead of the assorted reds for the points I used one color
I wish I had made the star points in a darker fabric for contrast


1 comment:

  1. Nice job Marie! I think my favorite is the pine and spool...can't wait to pick up a copy of the magazine!

    ReplyDelete