Friday, January 22, 2021

January Finish

 I’m on a roll! Since discovering that it is now easy to post a blog post from my iPad I thought I’d show a quilt I finished this month. 

This is “First Flake” a pattern from Janae Shearer of QuiltsWhats Hot on Etsy. 
I had a lot of fun making this quilt. 
The original pattern called for 2 1/2” squares but the place where I wanted to hang it wasn’t big enough for the finished quilt. So I reduced the size of the pieces to 2” and it fits perfectly. 
It’s a great skill to have to be able to work with a quilt pattern and make it work where you need it to fit. It takes lots of trial and error and practice but it’s worth the journey. But I’d like to say even though you think you could do something without a pattern if you are going to make a quilt that is based on someone else’s quilt please buy their pattern and give them credit. 
The quilt I made last year that was commissioned by my exterminator, shown in my last post,  has a tree in the center. I bought a pattern for that tree and you can see that up close and see where I gave credit to the pattern maker on my Instagram page @marie_atkinson. She liked my finished product. 
I love my quilting journey. 
I say all of this to say if you are not a quilter there is much more involved in making a quilt than just sewing some squares together, so if you are ever gifted a quilt know that you are receiving a special gift. 
And if you are a new budding quilter take time to enjoy the process. 
HAPPY QUILTING,




No comments:

Post a Comment