Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Quilting Fun

There is a "fad" right now of making quilts from 2 1/2" strips called a "Jelly Roll Race". I think it has other names as well.  You take the strips and sew them end to end and then you bring the two ends together and sew them side by side, and keep doing that until you get a lap size quilt. Well I have  containers of left over strips and squares and my bin of 2 1/2" strips was full. So I took them and made this quilt. The back was made of large pieces of fabric from my stash.        

 

Scrappy Irish chain made from the squares in my 2" bin. The back is again large pieces of fabric from my stash.



The next quilt is made from a collection of 30's reproduction fabrics that my mom had collected. I used plain muslin on the back.



This quilt is made from fabrics that I purchased or collected because they are soft pastel and floral. I had seen a quilt made in a similar pattern years ago and this was a "bucket list" quilt for me. I absolutely love it, and friends have said this is definitely a "Marie" quilt. The only problem with this quilt is that I made it a little too big for evenings in the recliner. But I do love it.




Since I have purchased a long arm machine quilting goes much faster and is way more fun!

Thank you for reading this and I hope you have a wonderful day!







No comments:

Post a Comment